·
I felt pretty confident going into this
essay. I thought I had understood the three rhetorical appeals fairly well and
could identify them in an ad after a bit of thought.
·
I decided on a specific ad after I
borrowed a magazine called GQ. All I had to do was flip through a few pages and
I noticed the Guess ad. The first thing I realized was that it was gender
specific, which interested me and happened to easily pick out.
·
I came up with my idea of the redesign
by making sure everything was the opposite of the original ad while still
keeping the redesign about watches. I was able to see this idea in my head and
roughly sketched it out so I could better describe it in my redesign essay.
·
One of the hardest challenges I faced
was not being specific enough when it came to describing more of the rhetorical
appeals, including the audience, the background, and the colors. I type very
simply and try to get to the point as soon as I can. The way I was able to
overcome this problem was with the help of my peer edit group and my professor.
They let me know which parts I should develop on and how I should split and
organize my paragraphs.
·
I liked learning about the different
rhetorical appeals and how to find and identify them in different situations. I
used this like of the rhetorical appeals by writing this paper.
·
If I had a second chance at writing this
paper, I don’t think I would change anything about my paper except lengthen it.
No comments:
Post a Comment